Close Menu
  • Instructions
  • News
    • DeFi
    • Smart Contract
    • Markets
    • Web3
    • Adoption
    • Memecoins
    • Analysis
    • Mining
    • Scams
    • Security
  • Education
    • Learn
    • Wallets & Exchange
  • Documentaries
  • Videos
    • Alessio Rastani
    • Altcoin Buzz
    • Coin Bureau
    • Dapp University
    • DataDash
    • Digital asset News
    • EllioTrades Crypto
    • MMCrypto
    • Lark Davis
    • Ivan on Tech
    • Benjamin Cowen
  • Market
    • Crypto Market Cap
    • Heat Map
    • Converter
    • Metal Prices
    • Stock prices
  • Bonus Books
  • Tools
What's Hot

DoJ Establishes “Anti-Weaponization” Fund After Trump Drops $10 Billion Lawsuit Against IRS

May 18, 2026

Spiral Debuts AI-Powered Tool Loupe to Detect Security Flaws in Bitcoin Code

May 18, 2026

Live markets: Bitcoin gives up all of May's gains, slipping below $77,000

May 18, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Recession Profit AlertsRecession Profit Alerts
  • Instructions
  • News
    • DeFi
    • Smart Contract
    • Markets
    • Web3
    • Adoption
    • Memecoins
    • Analysis
    • Mining
    • Scams
    • Security
  • Education
    • Learn
    • Wallets & Exchange
  • Documentaries
  • Videos
    • Alessio Rastani
    • Altcoin Buzz
    • Coin Bureau
    • Dapp University
    • DataDash
    • Digital asset News
    • EllioTrades Crypto
    • MMCrypto
    • Lark Davis
    • Ivan on Tech
    • Benjamin Cowen
  • Market
    • Crypto Market Cap
    • Heat Map
    • Converter
    • Metal Prices
    • Stock prices
  • Bonus Books
  • Tools
Recession Profit AlertsRecession Profit Alerts
Home»Markets»DoJ Establishes “Anti-Weaponization” Fund After Trump Drops $10 Billion Lawsuit Against IRS
Markets

DoJ Establishes “Anti-Weaponization” Fund After Trump Drops $10 Billion Lawsuit Against IRS

May 18, 2026No Comments5 Mins Read

Update (1130ET): The DOJ announces that as a part of the settlement agreement in President Donald Trump v. the IRS, the Attorney General established “The Anti-Weaponization Fund” to provide a systematic process to hear and redress claims of others who suffered weaponization and lawfare.

“The machinery of government should never be weaponized against any American, and it is this Department’s intention to make right the wrongs that were previously done while ensuring this never happens again,” said Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche. “As part of this settlement, we are setting up a lawful process for victims of lawfare and weaponization to be heard and seek redress.”

“The use of government power to target individuals or entities for improper and unlawful political, personal, or ideological reasons should not be tolerated by any Administration,” said Principal Associate Deputy Attorney General Trent McCotter. 

Bloomberg reports that the fund will receive $1.776 billion and will come from the judgment fund, which is a perpetual appropriation allowing DOJ to settle and pay cases.

The fund will have the power to issue formal apologies and monetary relief owed to claimants.

The Fund will consist of a Commission of five members appointed by the Attorney General. One Member will be chosen in consultation with congressional leadership. The President can remove any member, but a replacement must be chosen the same way as the replaced member was selected.

*  *  *

As Tom Ozimek detailed earlier via The Epoch Times, President Trump’s attorneys on Monday filed a court notice voluntarily dismissing his $10 billion lawsuit against the IRS and the U.S. Treasury Department, in a case that accused the agencies of failing to prevent a former contractor from leaking Trump’s tax returns to the media.

No reason was stated in the May 18 motion, which asks the court to dismiss the case with prejudice, meaning Trump and the other plaintiffs cannot bring the same claims again in the future. A court filing in April indicated that talks were underway to settle the case, with the parties stating at the time that discussions were taking place “productively to avoid protracted ligitation.”

See also  GameStop's $55.5 billion eBay takeover bid puts its $368 million bitcoin stash in the crosshairs

Monday’s filing said the IRS and Treasury Department had neither filed an answer nor moved for summary judgment, allowing the plaintiffs to dismiss the action unilaterally without requiring court approval or government consent.

Trump, along with two ​of his sons and the Trump ⁠family business, sued the IRS ​and the Treasury Department in January, accusing both agencies of failing to take mandatory precautions to prevent former IRS contractor Charles “Chaz” Littlejohn from illegally obtaining access to their tax records and disclosing that information to The New York Times and ProPublica.

The lawsuit alleged that Littlejohn had “staff-like access” to confidential tax return information and exploited weaknesses in IRS safeguards to obtain and leak the records between 2019 and 2020.

Lawsuit Details

The lawsuit, filed in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida, sought at least $10 billion in damages and accused the IRS and THE Treasury of violating federal privacy laws governing taxpayer information.

Trump brought the suit in his personal capacity, while Donald Trump Jr., Eric Trump, and the Trump Organization were also named as plaintiffs.

Littlejohn, who at the time was employed by defense contractor Booz Allen Hamilton, was accused of having improperly accessed and disclosed tax information related to Trump and affiliated entities, including business holdings.

The plaintiffs claimed Littlejohn’s actions caused “reputational and financial harm, public embarrassment, unfairly tarnished their business reputations, portrayed them in a false light, and negatively affected President Trump, and the other plaintiffs’ public standing.”

The lawsuit argued that IRS and Treasury safeguards were so inadequate that the agency took roughly 3 years to detect the breach.

See also  U.S. House Lawmakers Push SEC’s Gensler to Approve Spot Bitcoin ETF ‘Immediately’

“Defendants had a duty to safeguard and protect Plaintiffs’ confidential tax returns and related tax return information from such unauthorized inspection and public disclosure,” the complaint alleged, pointing to the need for the agencies to have in place appropriate technical, employee screening, and monitoring systems to prevent Littlejohn’s actions.

“Defendants failed to take such mandatory precautions.”

Littlejohn pleaded guilty in October 2023 to one count of unauthorized disclosure of tax return information.

Prosecutors said he used broad search parameters to conceal his activities, uploaded stolen data to a private website to avoid IRS monitoring systems, and stored records on personal devices before providing them to media outlets.

In January 2024, U.S. District Judge Ana Reyes sentenced Littlejohn to five years in prison, the maximum sentence permitted under the statute. Reyes described the breach as the “biggest heist” in IRS history.

“It cannot be open season on our elected officials,” Reyes said, noting that Littlejohn purposefully sought his job at least in part to obtain and leak tax information.

Before Monday’s voluntary dismissal, the case had appeared to be moving toward a possible resolution in recent weeks.

In an April 17 filing, attorneys for Trump and the Justice Department jointly requested a 90-day pause in proceedings to allow settlement negotiations to continue.

The IRS and THE Treasury Department did not immediately respond to requests for comment on the dismissal filing.

Source link

AntiWeaponization Billion DOJ drops establishes Fund IRS lawsuit Trump

Related Posts

Live markets: Bitcoin gives up all of May's gains, slipping below $77,000

May 18, 2026

Strategy Grabs 24,869 BTC for $2.01B, Now Holds 843,738 Bitcoin Total

May 18, 2026

The three risks that could overwhelm bitcoin's regulatory tailwind

May 18, 2026

Behind Turkey’s Gold Sales: The Biggest Ever Plunge In Foreign Reserves

May 18, 2026
Top Posts

Kenya to introduce digital IDs for citizens by year-end

October 31, 2023

Jack Dorsey’s Block Eyes 10% Workforce Reduction Amid Business Overhaul: Report

February 8, 2026

Core PCE Rises Most In 3 Years; Savings Rate Tumbles As Spending Far Outpaces Income

April 30, 2026

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.